Saturday, December 29, 2007

Why I am supporting Hillary Clinton for President

I know it is a bit of a cliche to say that this election is the most important one in our lives; however, I firmly believe that this is the case. The world is a very dangerous place, our position of leadership in the world has eroded, our civil liberties have come under assault, and our nation's long-term financial position is in peril. The stakes are higher than they have ever been and this election could be the pivotal point which determines whether we reassert our position of leadership in the world or assume the role of an empire in decline.

I believe that Hillary Clinton is the best equipped candidate to restore our reputation around the world, protect our civil liberties, and put the nation back on sound financial footing after seven years of reckless governance.

There are other Democrats that I believe could also do this job well; I believe Joe Biden, Chris Dodd, and Bill Richardson would all make excellent presidents.

No comments: