Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day Four Recap - Wednesday, January 2nd

When I woke up this morning I was sick as a dog. Sore throat, cough, chest congestion, stuffed-up nose were among my symptoms. Despite that, I just took some over-the-counter meds and pressed forward.

The class went up to Concord this morning and visited the Republican and Democratic state party headquarters, as well as the New Hampshire Primary exhibit at the state library. We had some discussion about the new civil unions law with the state Democratic chair and we discussed the exclusion of minor candidates from debates with his Republican counterpart.

There wasn't much glamor at the campaign today...just hard work on a very cold day. The campaign let us use a van they had rented and the five of us on Hillary's campaign worked with a delightful and interesting Nashua resident, Evie. Early in the day there was some decision on how to divide up the houses to visit, so I tried to take charge a bit. In return, I was dubbed "Chavez", after Venezuela's president/dictator, Hugo Chavez.

No comments: