Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Day Two Recap - Monday, December 31st


The USF Road to the White House class posing for a New Year's photograph with our 2008 glasses.

OK, I can't spill any inside secrets on the campaign, so I'll try to speak in generalities. We spent most of the day canvassing. At one point I actually met someone that grew up in my hometown, Akron, Ohio, who graduated from the same high school as my dad. Small world, huh? I even had the opportunity to use some of my Spanish language skills in Nashua when speaking with some voters. I must say that canvassing seemed a little awkward at first; however, after a few hours it was just like my days as a candidate pounding the shoe leather seven years ago.

After canvassing we also put yard signs all over Nashua. It was awesome the next morning to see the hundreds of signs we had all over town because of the work of our team! Senator Clinton clearly had the best presence in the entire town.

The entire class met for dinner on New Year's Eve and it was clear, after speaking to our other classmates, that the Hillary campaign was clearly the most enthusiastic, organized, and efficient operation. Furthermore, the team was very welcoming and happy to see all FIVE of us when we showed up to help!

No comments: